Eligible students include men and women who represent the region's cultural, religious, and geographic diversity and are from socio-economically disadvantaged backgrounds, who could otherwise gain admission to, but would be unable to afford, four years of college at an American university in the Middle East. Tomorrow's Leaders recipients should be prepared to begin the program in the Fall 2020 term.
The primary objective of MEPI's Tomorrow's Leaders program is to build a cadre of university-age leaders who are civic-minded, intellectually able, and professionally skilled, who will become the community, business, and national leaders of the future. The program intends to nurture leadership skills and the spirit of civic engagement and volunteerism among outstanding university-age students at the American University of Beirut (AUB), the American University in Cairo (AUC) and the Lebanese American University (LAU). Selected students will join the 501 Tomorrow's Leaders already studying or who have graduated from these universities.
Tomorrow's leaders may pursue an undergraduate degree in a selected field at one of the three host institutions. In addition to their studies, recipients will be expected to maintain at least a 3.0 GPA, engage in community service activities and participate in internships. Limited English- language training will be provided for some participants. Students may also have an opportunity for a study abroad semester in the U.S.
Participation in the program includes: travel, academic fees for four years of university at AUB, AUC or LAU, a study abroad experience in the U.S., accident and sickness insurance, housing, and a monthly allowance during the school year.
• Current high school senior or applicant who graduated from high school in 2019;
• A citizen or, national of Morocco and those qualified to hold a valid Moroccan passport;
• Strong academic credentials;
• Proficiency in written and spoken English with a minimum of 55 for the TOEFL iBT that is less than two years old;
• Students who qualify may be eligible for up to one year of intensive English Language training;
• Maturity, flexibility and leadership potential;
• Must maintain a high GPA and pass high school leaving exam in final year;
• Ability to start the program in August/September of 2020.
Note: American citizens are not eligible
If you do not have a TOEFL score, or if your score is more than two years old, contact AMIDEAST for test scheduling
Deadline for submitting the application is December 2, 2019
Further information is available online at : www.amideast.org/tl.
For questions, please contact AMIDEAST at:
Tel: 05 37 67 50 75
You can apply online or download a document of the application to fill out on paper.
For more information about the U.S.-Middle East Partnership Initiative, please go to: https://mepi.state.gov/